Colts at Ravens: The Intangibles Bowl
The main storyline was clear heading into the divisional round match-up between the Colts and Ravens: #CHUCKSTRONG.
It went from a hashtag, to a movement, to a full blown playoff rally cry for the Indianapolis Colts, who really did win 11 games this season. Curtis Painter, we barely remember you.
But by mid-week, with news that Ray Lewis will be retiring after the season, the whole intangibles meter swung a bit back to the home team. Here stands their leader, win or lose this week, likely playing in his final game in Baltimore.
Despite the inconsistency of the Ravens all year, and a defense that is more reputation than performance at this point, you have to figure that Lewis’ swan song and the home field advantage will matter.
Everyone’s excited for this one, except for Ravens offensive coordinator Jim Caldwell, who continues to just stare at something in the far distance, we’re just not sure what.
Speaking of legacies, welcome back to the spotlight Joe Flacco. He is elite, in a fleeting, once in a while type of way. He can amaze. He has amazed. But he’s incredibly frustrating as well. Which kind of describes the last decade of Ravens football. A few solid regular seasons, a couple of divisional titles (back to back AFC North champions), but whether it be the Steelers, their own kicker, or the Steelers again, that second Super Bowl appearance has eluded Lewis and crew.
But under John Harbaugh, they have yet to go one-and-done in the post-season.
The Colts have been a wonderful story, but they’re also faced one of (the?) easiest schedule of the season and been incredible in close games. I’m starting to sound like Bill Barnwell.
But it feels like this is what happens: Joe Flacco shows glimpses of being great again, the defense rises one more time, the rookie quarterback gets an important road playoff lesson for the future, and yes, Jim Caldwell will even crack a smile at the end of the game.
Ravens win 34-10.
- edlizaresmi likes this
- ashley-be-thuggin23 likes this
- juggalosmokey likes this
- p0ng0s-life reblogged this from nfloffseason
- crazyg18 likes this
- xskeletor reblogged this from nfloffseason
- izmakeuwannalol likes this
- achu1 likes this
- st4y-sw4ggy likes this
- juanantonio559 likes this
- yo-slimdickens reblogged this from nfloffseason and added:
- jerrycrawfish reblogged this from nfloffseason
- hgh5 likes this
- l0stinyouu reblogged this from nfloffseason
- dompomp reblogged this from nfloffseason
- amoureusee likes this
- ryanashley likes this
- adyalas reblogged this from nfloffseason
- thatguychristian314 said: Its going to be close a good qb and a returning nfl icon we’ll just see how everything goes down on game day
- hbanana101 likes this
- thatguychristian314 likes this
- tracethewind likes this
- dont-livelife-scared said: Flacco is not elite yet. He still has a lot to prove.
- anthonyjd91 reblogged this from nfloffseason
- chefboyarlu3 reblogged this from nfloffseason
- cashletes likes this
- katietothemax likes this
- eatcerealwithwater reblogged this from nfloffseason
- elnegromagico reblogged this from nfloffseason
- alexvalenzuela74 likes this
- reginatheregent reblogged this from nfloffseason
- notquitegrown likes this
- sweat-or-the-sea reblogged this from nfloffseason
- ls1firebirdgirl reblogged this from nfloffseason and added:
- implodesoncontact likes this
- jobieonekanobie reblogged this from lindseyok
- bigmouthsparesagain reblogged this from lindseyok
- professionalsoftheworld likes this
- geto-cowboy reblogged this from nfloffseason
- inglewoodalwaysuptonogood likes this
- walking--on--a-dream reblogged this from nfloffseason
- walking--on--a-dream likes this
- lindsayyellow likes this
- bhayes090 likes this
- chestbruhh reblogged this from nfloffseason
- incognitoiswhatiam likes this
- chain-of-memories-in-our-hearts reblogged this from nfloffseason
- bowsandbracelets reblogged this from nfloffseason
- yo-slimdickens likes this
- basketballnlove likes this